Records List View
The record list view is an alternate view to the standard map view.
At the top of the list view, you can set whether or not the list view is bound to the map view. If bound to the map view, only records that are visible on the map will be visible on the list view. You can also use the search and filter features to locate existing records.
By tapping a record from this list, you can view, modify, or edit existing records. The records list also shows you how many records are displayed on your device and how many records, total, have been collected.
To the right of the records in the list view you can see the upload status of the record. This will give you an indicator of the state the the record is in on your mobile device. There are five states that a record can be in.
Successfully Synced: The record has been synced successfully or there have been no changes made to the record since it was downloaded to the mobile device.
Saved as a Draft: The record has been saved as a draft due to required fields not being filled out.
- By design, records saved as a draft will be only stored locally on the device until all required fields have appropriate values.
Not Been Synced: The record has not been synced to the server. Running the sync will attempt to sync these records to the server.
Failed to Sync: An error occurred during the sync process and the records has failed to upload to the server.
- When the sync is run you should be presented with an error message as to why the record(s) failed to sync.
- You can also tap on the red X icon to view the error message when needed.
- The most common reason a record fails is due to poor connectivity. Other common reasons is that the user no longer has access to the record. This can be due to permission changes (record assignment or Projects) or the record being deleted on the server. If you continue to have problems syncing please feel free to reach out to our support team.
Attachments Are Not Synced: If you have changed the attachment sync settings in the app settings any records that currently do not have attachments synced will show this icon.
- The attachments will sync the next time a sync is performed where the sync settings have been met.
- This icon may appear if syncing over a poor/intermittent network.
Swiping left on a record will reveal additional options where you will find two options, More and Delete.
- The way that record options are accessed is different between the iOS and Android apps.
Tapping the delete button will delete the record off of the mobile device.
- Deleting a record will only be permanent if the records has not been synced. If a record has been synced, only the local record cache of the record on that device will be removed from the device and will be downloaded again during the next sync once an edit to that record has been made.
Duplicate.. - Duplicate a record can assist in quicker data capture when most of the new records being created have the same data as a previously captured record.
Show on Map - Shows where the record is located on the map view.
Generate Report - Create a PDF report of the record (network connection required).
Driving Directions - Get driving directions to a record’s location. Note: uses the device’s default navigation app.