Fulcrum supports importing existing data into your custom apps for field deployment. This is useful when you have pre-existing information you want to make available to field staff to either update in the field or use as referenced while collecting additional information.
Data in either CSV or shapefile format can be imported.
To get data loaded in: first, build out our field collection app to your specifications using the Fulcrum App Designer. You can include fields to which you want to import attributes, as well as new survey questions to fill in while out in the field. After your app is built to meet your needs, click the Import Data button from the main management screen or your app’s dashboard page.
Notes: When importing data that contains media attachments the media files and CSV file(s) must all be contained in a single ZIP file.
When importing data into an app, make sure that the import file does not have more than 10,000 records (10,001 rows). The importer can only import 10,000 records at one time.
Fulcrum’s importer will walk you through a step-by-step process to do several things before it starts the actual import:
- Browse to your data file you’d like to import.
- Select which tables you want to import (if you have child features to import)
- Select which fields contain the spatial reference information (latitude and longitude), or verify the proper projection identification (for shapefiles).
- Map fields in your data to the fields in your custom survey. You’ll see the field as it’s named in your dataset on the left, and the target field into which to import on the right. Picking the checkbox on the side lets you optionally load or skip specific fields.
- Fulcrum verifies everything and shows a summary of the import process about to take place — total records to be created, updated, or skipped, photos to load, etc. Any errors or issues will be displayed here.
- Clicking Finish will start the process and import your data.